Here’s one of my favorite 30-minute weeknight meals. First, I’ll give you the menu; then, I’ll show you how it can truly be done in 30 minutes.
• Butterhead Lettuce Salad with Walnuts and Comté, page 44 of the Bonne Femme Cookbook
Here’s how to do it in 30 minutes:
1. First of all, you have a great dessert stashed in the freezer, such as Crêpes or Chocolate-Cherry Pound Cake. These two desserts freeze admirably well. If they’re frozen, get them thawing. If you haven’t thought ahead, just pick up something from your favorite pastry-shop (after all, that’s what a French women would do!).
2. Measure and prep all the ingredients ready for the Chicken Francese.
3. Start the Any-Night Baked Rice. Slide it into the oven. Prep the green beans; keep them warm.
4. Make the Chicken Francese, which will take you about as much time as it takes the rice to cook. (If the chicken takes longer, don’t worry—the finished rice keeps well for up to 30 minutes in a warm place).
Enjoy dinner, then bring out a crêpe sauced your favorite way (I give suggestions with the recipe).Or bring out the pound cake.
Wine Pairing: I like a lemony Pinot Grigio with this. Murphy-Goode Pinot Grigio ($12.50) is made in a nice, crisp-lemony style.