As mentioned elsewhere, David Baruthio and I are teaming up to offer “Bonne Femme Nights” at his Baru 66 restaurant. We met today to finalize our first menu. Here it is.
Menu du Chef et la Bonne Femme — Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Welcome bites compliments of le Chef et La Bonne Femme
• House-Made Pâté Chef et Bonne Femme with seasonal accompaniment
• Butterhead Lettuce Salad with Walnuts and Comté, with Sherry-Walnut Vinaigrette
• Mushroom Bisque Chef et Bonne Femme, with Boursin Crostini
• Coq au Vin
Free-range organic chicken braised in red-wine with bacon, pearl onions, and mushrooms. Served with celery root and potato purée.
• Roasted Salmon with Pernod Sauce
Served with red potatoes, pearl onions, and carrots.
• Market-Day Tagliatelle with Goat Cheese
Imported Alsatian pasta tossed with in-season vegetables, scallions, and semi-ripened goat cheese in a light herb-and-wine sauce.
Cheese Course—Optional @$10 per person
• Three cheese selected by le chef et la bonne femme, with accompaniments.
• Profiteroles with a Duo of Sauces
Homemade French pastry puffs with ice cream, served with homemade caramel and chocolate sauces.
• Nougat Glacé, Chef et Bonne Femme
Frozen terrine of nougat with seasonal sauce
The menu costs $35 per person for 3 courses, plus tax and gratuity. For reservations, contact Baru 66 at 277-6627.
In addition to the October 3 event, we’ll also be offering Bonne Femme Nights on Oct. 10, 17, and 24. Menus for those evenings will be posted the week before each event.